Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Fun with site tracking...

Since the inception of this blog, I've been using Statcounter to check how many people come to visit. (In case you are wondering, the answer is not many.) But I've recently found the handy dandy little feature that allows me to look at what you typed in the search box that landed you here. And sometimes, it's kinda funny.

A few months ago, someone found this puny entry whining about a sore throat by Googling: Why does my throat hurt when I walk

charlize theron looking like a oompa loompa
led some poor searcher to my one attempt at fashion critique.

A surprising number of you have searched for $5 shoes. Who could blame you? We all love a bargain. Here's where they ended up. Someone also landed there by searching for fake chucks shoes.

Sometimes I find things out about my blog from the searches. For example, I invented a new word in this post in my other blog about Christmas decorating. I found out because someone in India searched for christmas window decorationing. oops.

And sometimes I find other gems on the internet this way. Someone searched for knitting pattern hat om symbol (My post was a rather boring one about making an OM dishcloth) . Since I, too, would like to knit a hat with th OM symbol in it, I clicked on the same search. It led me to The Panopticon. What a great blog, if you like knitting and pet sheep and wit. And everyone loves those things, right?

Keep searching, people. You just never know what you'll find.


1 comment:

Jo said...

I miss you too sweety. I'm sorry I'm not able to be online anymore. The pain and sitting at this desk and computer is just too much. :(

I think of you and if you want, email me your address and I'll write you. THAT I can do lying on the couch. lol