Friday, December 15, 2006

Why oh why did we invite people over?

A couple is coming over for dinner tonight. It is the best option, since they have a baby, and we have two kids as well. But the house is such a mess. And I forgot to write this dinner down in my calendar, so I didn't really know about it until Wednesday night. Argh. Yesterday I managed to un-bury my desk, and clean the leftover decorations off the dining room table. But today I need to make the house look presentable to others who have not visited us here before. No small task, since the house is half under "remodeling" status. The other half is decorated with children's toys and mismatched furniture. Even when spotless, my house makes me cringe.

I'm hosting a party on the 20th of January. My newest goal is to have the living room wallpapered before then. I'm thinking about calling a bookie and allowing people to bet on it. (Odds are pretty long on that one, though.)

Must now get off computer, and try to make our kitchen look less "apartment squalor", and more "rustic farmhouse". Then I need to make bread for dinner tonight. I work well under pressure, but I've left myself a huge task. Double argh.

No comments: