Friday, November 17, 2006

Lather, rinse, repeat.

It's boring on the shampoo bottle, and boring in life, too. As a non-outside-of-the-home mom, I do a lot of lathering, rinsing, and of course repeating. I just spent an hour preparing, then scrubbing and mopping the kitchen floor. It is all clean at this very minute. Once it dries, I'll move the table and chairs back in there, and commence re-dirtfying the floor. By 6pm, it will have a whole new array of spots, streaks and crumbs.

Next on the list is the front room. We aren't currently using that room for much, so it has become the catch-all room for the extra toys and mismatched furniture (both of which are plentiful around here). It's the largest room in the house, though, and there will be 16+ people over for Thanksgiving dinner on Thursday. So I need to clean it. In order to do that, I need the kids to be there with me. So while I'm lathering one end of the room, the kids will be playing at the other end. You with children know how that it going to play out. oy.

At this very moment, there is laundry swishing and tumbling, only to be folded, put away, worn, and sent back down the laundry chute. (Yes, I have it better than you who have to schlep you dirty clothes in baskets though the house; my life isn't all bad.) But the neverending cycle of housework goes on.

Lather, rinse, repeat. It just doesn't have the same ring as that mantra from Finding Nemo, Just keep swimming, does it?


note: I tried to bring this entry around to a tidy point, but I can't seem to make that happen. As it turns out, I'm just whining about the neverending housework. Go figure.

No comments: